Blogs can hurt people really, really badly.
So I stayed away for a long time until I found the reason that blogs are awesome: humour. Because sometimes, people have too much ridiculousness in their life not to share it. At this point, while I was basking in the ridiculousness of my latest obsession, the Bloggess, who, if you have not ever read any of her posts, has got to have the best, most amazingly optimistic outlook on life and all its weirdness and just so happens to write in a voice that sounds creepily exactly like me, someone suggested I revive my blogging days.
To which I laughingly replied, "Hell no."
But in all seriousness, I gave the idea some thought, then realized that in all likelihood, this could become exactly what it was last time: a rant thread of all the stupid shit people do. Admittedly, among all those thoughts was the stroke of brilliance that said, "Well, Margaret, what if it wasn't a rant thread at all the stupid crap people come up with? What if it was a laugh-your-ass-off at the crazy crap people do thread?" Regardless, I was reluctant to take back my blog ban. Anyone who knows me knows that when given an outlet to speak my mind, sometimes horrible things can happen.
But, while in a car with my best friends driving down to rural Georgia to go see the final performance of our former high school's band camp, 'cause we're just that awesome that we'd drive two hours round trip for that, I realized that as long as I'm not pissed off, the random word vomit that seems to escape me can be pretty entertaining. Not to mention terrifying when the person in the driver's seat is laughing to the point of tears. Guess who won't be driving next time, Karen?
Me, probably.
Because if there's anyone who'd be worse at driving than the person who's dissolving into hysterical tears, it's the one responsible for ranting hilariously. My bad. In any case, they're the ones who put the idea of blogging back into my head (while discussing the almighty Bloggess), where it sat, somewhat belligerently, until another friend of mine announced that he was taking up blogging again.
And let me tell you, if you knew Chase, you'd know that if he's making a vow not to make huge emotional rant posts and instead dedicating himself to a scheduled review of games, movies, TV shows, and more, then anything is possible. Snaps for Chase. I'm following you and promoting your new blog because you've inspired me.
Which is hilarious, seeing as neither of us have any followers except for each other right now.
OMG. We're like BESTIES.If I was up for the pain, I would smack myself for that. Instead, I'm just laughing really loudly and unnerving my unfortunate mother who is trying to go to sleep. Oh, Lady... You shouldn't have raised a Blogger.
Unlike Chase, I have no schedule. Mostly because I don't follow anything regularly enough to make a point of reviewing it and whatnot.
Actually, you know what I could use to do reviews? StumbleUpon.
Because nothing comes up like the random crap that gets you through the day like Stumbling. HA HA! Look! I've come up with some place for this blog to start.
Whew... That was exhausting, though. I'm burned out for the moment. But don't worry, I'm sure my wonderful life full of randomness (which is totally not the case when on the last, slowest month of summer holidays ever) will come up with Plenty of Postage for later.
Adieu!
That made me so, so happy. Yay bestie! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry; I plan on spending an entire post dedicated to your blog either this or next Friday (depending on how much you are able to post by that time) :P